Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

The Library Alehouse


The Library Alehouse
2911 Main St
Santa Monica, CA 90405
310-314-4855

I went to the The Library Alehouse about two years ago.  If I recall correctly I had the fish and chips and thought they were pretty good.  I was in snotty Santa Monica and dropped in.  The Library Alehouse is a galley style bar with the bar on the left and tables running down the length of the building.  They do have a nice patio area in the back.  Their sign says they have been opened since 1995!

Veggie Burger, $10.95 on Burger Monday, $13.95 regular price.  The menu says the veggie burger is made with chick peas, but in addition I saw black beans and carrots in the patty.  Sprouts, avocado, aioli with a green salad.  This was an outstanding veggie burger!! One of the best I've ever had!  Full of flavor, very good texture, and cooked perfectly!  A steal at the Burger Monday price of $10.95.  They could have added a bit more aioli, but otherwise a great veggie burger!  I was hooked on the first bite!

Service was overall good.  The bartender, I sat at a table, was serving the entire room, a few people at the bar and a couple tables were taken.  So, it wasn't busy.  She was nice, friendly, and I didn't really lack for anything.  But, she never told me that it was Burger Monday.  I saw the sign in the patio when I went to the restroom.  Then I saw it on the back of the menu.  When I was walking out the door, she didn't say thanks for coming.  Little things make a big difference!

I loved the veggie burger and if I'm back in snotty Santa Monica, I will go back.  I may try their vegan enchiladas!!