Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Nori Sushi Wraps-Closed

Nori Sushi Wraps
711 Fair Oaks Ave Ste K
South Pasadena, CA 91030
626-529-2841

Nori Sushi Wraps is an interesting take on sushi.  They put everything you find in a sushi roll, into a sushi burrito!  Located in a strip mall on busy Fair Oaks Ave., Nori is a small place.  There are tables and high top tables as you walk in.  Then the counter is along the back wall, where you order and they prepare your food.

Spicy Tuna Fries, $8.00-Shoe string potato fries, cilantro, onion, and spicy tuna. Sauces are spicy mayo and eel sauce.  A friend who told me about Nori, said she really liked the spicy tuna fries.  After I got the order, I remembered she also told me the portion size is huge!  It was!!

The fries are standard frozen fries, but pretty good.  The spicy tuna is very good and they pile it on!  They give you a huge portion of the spicy tuna!   I wasn't sure about ordering this, fries topped with sushi, but it works!  Next time I will ask for the fries to be well done!


Shrimp Tempura wrap, $9.50-Tempura shrimp, cucumber, avocado, crab meat, spicy tuna, and kale lettuce slaw. Inside sauces are Spicy mayo and Eel sauce.  This was good, but a bit dry.  Ok, maybe I should have put some soy sauce or more spicy maco, but it was dry.  But, all the ingredients were good.  I'm betting the shrimp tempura was frozen, but everything else is fresh.  It's a huge portion and well worth the price.

Service is good.  The guy who took my order was new, because somebody was helping him take orders.  But, they were friendly and the guy did a good job.  The only thing that doesn't make sense is, after ordering they give you a number on a metal stand that you take to your table.  So, I figure they will bring my food to my table.  Instead they call out your number and you bring the number to them and they give you your food.  What a waste! Just say give customers their number on their receipt.

I enjoyed Nori and would go back anytime!!