Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

King Bap-Closed


King Bap
1106 S Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
909-396-0420

A few doors down from The Whole Enchilada, is King Bap, a Korean rolls and bowls place.  I've seen Korean sushi and many Koreans own sushi restaurants.  I thought this was going to be a poke bowl type place.

It's a small restaurant with the counter right in front of you as you walk in.  There are tables around the other parts of the restaurant. 
Bowl with choice of brown or white rice, lettuce, choice of six veggies and one sauce. $5.95.  With tunafish +$1.50. I picked brown rice, corn, broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, carrots, and canned mushrooms and I got the cilantro sauce.  I wasn't happy about canned mushrooms.  I picked tuna, thinking it was tuna sushi, but it was actually tuna fish with a small amount of mayo. Overall the veggies were fresh expect for the canned mushrooms.  Without the sauce it's a very bland dish, some salt is needed.  But, adding the cilantro sauce, added some flavor to this dish.  The tuna fish was flavorful and I liked the fact they didn't add too much mayo.  It would actually make a great tuna fish sandwich or tuna melt.  Overall this dish was just ok.  I won't make a return trip.