Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Modan Artisanal Ramen


Modan Artisanal Ramen
700 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
626-799-2878

Modan Artisanal Ramen is owned by the same people as Nori Sushi Wrap!  It's in the same center as Bristol Farms, which is across Fair Oaks and a little north of Nori. I went with a friend, but I hate ramen.  I was glad to see other non ramen items on the menu.

Modan is a fairly small restaurant with tables along both sides as you enter and the prep area in the back of the room.  It's tastefully decorated in wood tones. 

Spicy Tuna rice bowl, $6.50, spicy tuna over sushi rice, pickled ginger, seaweed flakes and green onions.  I found out Modan had the same owners as Nori, when reading an advertisement about Nori, on the table.  So, since I loved Nori's spicy tuna fries, I knew I would like Modan's spicy tuna.  This was a very good with two huge scoops of spicy tuna-this is about a 7 on a scale of 10 in terms of spiciness.  The sushi rice was flavorful.  I hate ginger and a couple bites, but otherwise this was very good.

Service is good.  One guy took care of about four tables.  He was friendly and helpful. 

I would go back to Modan just for this rice dish.  My friend had a huge poke bowl and I may try that the next time!