Search This Blog

Monday, October 2, 2017

La Tolteca


La Tolteca
429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702
626-334-0302

Not far from Canyon City BBQ, is La Tolteca, a huge Mexican restaurant in Azusa.  I went to La Tolteca a few years ago and the service was terrible and the food mediocre.  The girl who helped me was rude and just lacked customer service skills!  But, I was back in Azusa and decided to do a review of La Tolteca.

2 Fish Tacos al carte, $5.95, beer batters cod with lettuce, pico de gallo, cilantro, and jalapenos on a corn tortilla. The 2 fish tacos plate comes with beans and rice was $10.80.  These two tacos were huge!  The fish is frozen, but had a good crunch and texture, that made it able to handle all the veggies.  This was a very good fish taco! 

I got chips and salsa with my order.  I thought you had to order a plate for the chips and salsa to be included.  Either way a nice touch, as it is hard to turn down chips and salsa!

Shrimp ceviche tostada, $5.70. Again a huge portion!  The shrimp was nice and tender.  This was a bit sweeter than other shrimp ceviche that I've had.  But, I liked it, good flavor and fresh ingredients!

Service was great!  The guy who took my order was nice, friendly and helpful.  He explained how their system worked; this is counter service and they will bring your food to your table.  He answered my questions and he even asked things like "Have you been here before?" and "Do you live in the area?" 

I'm really glad I went back to La Tolteca.  The food was very good and the service was great!