Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

Hikari Sushi


Hikari Sushi
2064 Verdugo Blvd
Glendale, CA 91020
818-957-1800

Just east of Sushi Plus, is Hikari Sushi, a fairly new all you can eat sushi restaurant.  Back in the late 1980's in this strip mall, there used to be a great fried chicken restaurant.  I can't remember the name, but if any readers remember the name of that fried chicken restaurant, please email me.  I remember the fried chicken came in plain white buckets, at a time when the Colonel gave his fried chicken in boxes!

Anyways, Hikari has taken over three units in this complex.  You enter at the far right door.  If you walk straight there are some tables.  To the left is the large sushi bar and more tables.  It's a well lit restaurant.

Most of the sushi was good quality for all you can eat. 

 Tuna, crab, shrimp and halibut nigri sushi. 

 In and out shrimp roll-shrimp and avocado on top.  Inside-shrimp tempura, crab meat, and cucumber.

Spicy tuna roll.
Ichi roll-shrim and avocado on top.  California roll inside.
 Tiger roll-spicy tuna, shrimp tempura and avocado.

Vegetable hand roll-carrots, asparagus, daikon, and avocado.

Shrimp roll-
Calamari appetizer-this was more of a calamari salad.  There was salad-lettuce, some carrots, and a dressing under the calamari.  The calamari was hot, almost right out of the fryer, crispy and fairly good for a frozen item.

Service while dining was very good.  The two ladies who helped me were nice and brought food quickly.  They explained how the all you can eat system works. I had no issues with service while I was dining.  I have big issues with the lady who was the host.  She is a server too, but she is a bitch!  I wanted to watch Game 6 of the ALCS.  They had a couple tv's that were showing a commercial.  I asked her what game is on that TV.  She was rude and mean and a bitch!  It's a good thing she didn't come to my table, because I would have told her to get the hell away from my table.

Overall the sushi here is good.  Decent sized fish, that is fresh.  But, the server/hostess needs to go.  I won't be back!