Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Natalie Peruvian Seafood Restaurant

Natalie Peruvian Seafood Restaurant
5759 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
323-463-8340

Natalie Peruvian Seafood Restaurant has been on my list of places to try for a few years.  I'm not usually in the area, but when a friend wanted to try Peruvian for her birthday, I remembered Natalie.  Located in a small shopping center with a 7-11, a Thai restaurant, and another California Donut, Natalie is a a small restaurant with about 8-10 tables.  It wasn't that crowded when we were there.

SALTADO DE CAMARONES-shrimp sauteed with onions, tomatoes, french fries and served with steamed rice $14.25.

I've reviewed a few Peruvian restaurants, and I usually order the Tallarin Saltado which is noodles with usually, shrimp.  So, I decided to change it up and order the saltado de camarones.  This was an interesting combo with carbs and more carbs.  There were about 8-10 small sized shrimp, decent flavor, but nothing great.  The fries became soggy in all the juice.  The rice was well cooked.

Service was ok.  Our server wasn't the friendliest, she just went through the motions.  Drinks weren't refilled.  And she asked how things were right after she dropped off the food!  I mean give us a few minutes before asking.

As with most Peruvian restaurants, I think this is overpriced for what you get.  I won't return.