Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Casita del Campo

 Casita del Campo
1920 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-662-4255

Casita del Campo has been in business since 1962.  Located on the very busy Hyperion Ave, just south of Tomato Pie Pizza Joint, it's a huge bright pink building, and so old that vegetation is growing on the most of the building!

There are two entrances, one from Hyperion and the other from the back parking lot.  When you enter from Hyperion, you walk right into the bar area-which has booths surrounding it.  Then there are couple dining areas with tables.  It's a very dark restaurant.  


Vegetable burrito-$12, broccoli carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, black beans, white rice, guacamole, pico de gallo.  This was an overpriced, no flavor, under seasoned burrito.  I could have save a few bucks by going to Chipotle!  While everything was well cooked, it was so bland!  I didn't realize the guacamole and pico de gallo were inside the burrito, I thought they would come separate! I had to put some of the salsa from the chips and salsa, to add flavor.   While I realize beans and rice were inside the burrito, $12 for this burrito with no sides, is just too much!

Service was friendly and pretty good.  My drinks were refilled quickly, the server came by to ask how everything was, and I wasn't lacking for anything.  He also dropped off the check without me asking for it.

I wouldn't go back to Casita del Campo!  I don't understand how they are in business, because there are so many good Mexican places and the pop up taco stand so close by!