Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Park-Closed

The Park
1400 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
213-482-9209

I found a listing of the best veggie burgers in LA by Discover LA, and noticed that The Park was listed.  Hole in the Wall Burger, that I reviewed their beef burgers was also on the list.  Since I've passed by The Park many times, I decided to give them a try!  I was lucky to go on a Wednesday when it's Burger Night, when all burgers are half priced.

The Park is a small restaurant with some seating outside.  I like sitting outside but since the restaurant is right on Sunset Blvd, it can be very busy!




Home-made veggie burger, regular price $11.  Wednesday Burger night, $5.  with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and pickle with fries.  WOW, what a great veggie burger!  The patty is made with lentils, sweet potato, bulgur, mushrooms, and breadcrumbs; and is just great.  Nice texture, full of flavor.  I did add some mustard and ketchup!  I could tell this was really home made and not some store bought process crap.  The patty held together pretty well,  but you could see it almost break apart.  I think that's a good sign because processed patties are held together by all sorts of crap.  While a homemade burger has very few ingredients!

Service was friendly but a bit slow.  I realize the sorry LA dodgers were playing that night, and many fans dropped in before the game.  But, it took awhile for them to come and take my order, to bring the check, and to get change.

One thing though, the my total came to $5.45.  I paid cash, a $20 bill, and got no coins as change.   So I left $1 as a tip when added to the 55 cents, that's more than fair.  But, when I counted my change later that night, I found that received $15 in change.  I feel bad and the next time I go to The Park, I will make up for leaving a bad tip.

I would go back to The Park for their veggie burger anytime!  It's a steal at $5 and a great burger at the $11 regular menu price.