Search This Blog

Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Chippy Fish & Grill


The Chippy Fish & Grill
440 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805
714-603-7865

Located in the Packing House and across the complex from Umami Burger, is The Chippy Fish & Grill.  They are in the main Packing House, which is really a mall food court on steroids.  They are all kinds of food inside the Packing House.  It can be very busy and parking is a nightmare!

I originally went to the Packing House to go to Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream, so I didn't want to order a ton of food.  So, I only got a piece of fish and shrimp.  I skipped the fries!


Cod fish, $3.35 and jumbo shrimp, $1.99.  My tastes buds have evolved, so now I can tell if fried fish and shrimp, is frozen or made fresh.  Without a doubt this is from a frozen batch.  While the batter for the cod was light and there were a lot of cod, it was way too oily and greasy.  I'm guessing the frozen fish was placed into the oil before the oil was hot enough.  The jumbo shrimp was huge, frozen but for some reason not nearly as oily as the fish.  This was fine, and actually a good price for the size of the shrimp.

Service was OK.  The cashier knew his stuff.  There have been so many times when I've asked what kind of fish they used for the fish and chips, and the person had no clue.  That is bad training by the management.  When I got my food, the guy was ok, but he could have said sauces are over to the right.  Instead he just gave me my order.  I would think management would tell him to tell customers, many like me we are first timers, that the sauces are on the end of the counter. 

I wouldn't go back to The Chippy.  Frozen, greasy fish?  No thanks!