Search This Blog

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream


Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream
440 S Anaheim Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805
714-520-0445

Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream near the South Coast Plaza has been on my bucketlist of places to try since 2011.  But, since it is in the disgusting Orange County and their pretentious jerk people, I wasn't in a rush to get there.  When, I found out that they opened a location in the Anaheim Packing House, I rushed down there, since it is close by and Anaheim isn't as bad as going near the South Coast Plaza.

Originally, I had planned just to go to Hans' for ice cream.  But, it was near dinner time and I saw The Chippy Fish & Grill, so I had dinner there first and then stopped in for dessert!  When I left to go to my car, I saw a sign that said no pictures are allowed inside the Packing House!!  Really?  In this day and age of social media, a popular place doesn't want people taking pictures?  Give me a break! Who the hell is managing this facility?  On Yelp, Hans has 22 PAGES of pictures!!


Double scoop with pistachio almond and rocky road, $5.75.  I like chocolate and ice cream with almonds and pistachio.  I liked the fact that this ice cream had a ton of nuts in both flavors.  Not skimping on the nuts.  But, overall the ice cream is good, not great, certainly not worth a drive to Santa Ana.  I think Fosselman's is better and I'm not a huge fan of Fosselman's.

Service is good.

I'm glad I finally checked off Hans' from my bucketlist!  I don't need to waste my money or driving into the deplorable Orange County for this ice cream.