Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Kura Revolving Sushi Bar


Kura Revolving Sushi Bar
333 E 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-290-9631

Located in the same shopping center as Oomasa, Kura Revolving Sushi Bar is very popular.  There are long wait times for a table, no matter what time you go.

All sushi on the revolving belt is $2.50.  The servers instruct you to lift and pull the plate from the belt, leaving the top cover/dome on the belt.  Many people do not listen, and try to either take the entire plate and cover or just try to open the cover/dome.  You can also have sushi made to order from their tablet.

I found all the sushi good for the price.  They were all a great value.  Was it the best sushi, I've ever had?  No, but then again I'm not expecting it to be.  Most of the sushi could have been packed tighter!  Once you picked them up, the fish would fall from the rice.  I will make notes about the sushi that stood out.


Sweet shrimp- I couldn't taste the different between this sweet shrimp and regular shrimp.  Maybe I should order sweet shrimp, but I'm always leery of paying more. 

Tuna-Good piece of tuna sushi.

Toro- for $2.50 a steal.  Good quality fish.  I've haven't had too many bad toro, but most cost at least $7 for two pieces.  Getting two plates for $5, with one piece of toro each, is a great deal!



Red snapper

Snow crab- while good, they should leave the shell off.  I doesn't do anything for the presentation!

Real crab roll-I was very surprised to find this full of crab.  A good deal.

Shrimp and avocado roll- good, but could do without the sauce on top!

Blue crab roll- this was better than the $8.95 blue crab roll I got for Ootoro!  

Crunchy roll

Vegetable roll-Just packed with fresh veggies!!  Outstanding!


Spicy Popcorn shrimp roll- The popcorn shrimp was cold, tough and chewy.  The roll was a California roll.  It could have been good if the popcorn shrimp was freshly cooked!

Service was OK.  The sushi was filled on the revolving belt, so you weren't really waiting for anything.  When you placed an order for sushi, at most you waited 5 minutes and this was during a lunch rush.  While the servers were friendly, they were slow.  I asked one of the servers for a refill on drinks and more wasabi, but never got them.  I asked another server and that took awhile to get, but at least I got it. 

I would go  back to Kura, pretty good quality sushi, and an excellent value!