Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Orean’s the Health Express-Closed

Orean’s the Health Express
817 N Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91104
626-765-9638

Orean’s the Health Express is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant set in a fast food setting.  There are no tables at Oreans, only a drive-thru and a walk up window.  They are not vegan since they do offer regular cheese.  I've read reviews from both sides, it used to be great until the new owner came aboard.

Interesting that on this intersection of Lake Ave, all four corners have a fast food restaurant! Northeast corner has a KFC, and just north of the KFC, is Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.  Northwest corner is Orean's.  Southeast corner is a Carl's Jr. and Southwest corner is a McDonald's that is currently undergoing a renovation.



Filet of soul burger, with vegan cheese-$3.98 + $1 for vegan cheese.  I knew they had regular cheese when the guy asked me if I wanted regular or vegan cheese.  He didn't tell me vegan cheese was $1 extra, but I did see the hand written sign on the window. This is like a filet o'fish sandwich.  Tasted pretty close to the original.  There is a soy fish pattie, pickles, tartar sauce, on a wheat bun.  This was good, not outstanding.  Maybe a bit pricey for what you get. 

Service was good.  Many reviews complained about the service. But, the guy who helped me did his job.  It wasn't rude, but then again it wasn't the friendliest service ever.

I won't go back to Orean's.  It's not bad, but nothing outstanding about it.