Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2017

My Vegan


My Vegan
633 S Arroyo Pkwy
Pasadena, CA 91105
626-578-9017

While searching for a vegetarian friendly restaurant in Pasadena I found My Vegan!  I don't know if My Vegan has anything to do with My Vegan Gold in Silver Lake, but the names are too close.  Located in a small, but busy shopping center My Vegan is a small restaurant with about 10 tables and booths. 

Small fries, $3 with nacho cheese $2.  Well cooked fries that came out of the freezer.  The nacho cheese was flavorless and didn't taste good at all.  My Vegan Gold's version is so much better!

Buffalo wings- $8.50.  Not as good as the chicken wings at Bulan Thai-which is my standard for vegan chicken wings!  A crispy outer texture, but the inside was pretty bland.  I wasn't wish they would cover the wings in the buffalo sauce.  Instead the buffalo sauce is used as a dipping sauce. 

Chow mein with tofu-bean sprouts, cabbage, carrots, garlic, snow peas, and soy sauce.  They could cut the cabbage into small pieces!  They gave me chopsticks with this dish and there was a fork on the table, but you needed a knife to cut the huge pieces of cabbage!  Otherwise, this was a good flavorful dish!  On par with My Vegan Gold.

Service is good.

Overall I liked My Vegan, but no question it's a couple notches below My Vegan Gold.  But, I would go back if I'm in the area!