Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Johnny’s Shrimp Boat


Johnny’s Shrimp Boat
803 S Glendora Ave
West Covina, CA 91790
626-813-3818

Johnny’s Shrimp Boat first opened up on 2nd and Main,  Los Angeles in 1945.  As the city expanded,  Johnny’s Shrimp Boat was a victim of progress.  But, they expanded and had a location in Temple City and another one on Whittier Blvd. in East LA. 

The West Covina location is in bad need of a facelift.  Missing letters on the sign, worn seats and tables, and in need of a fresh coat of paint.  It's a small restaurant with about eight or so booths.  It was surprisingly busy on a Sunday afternoon.





2 piece fish and 2 piece shrimp, with fries-$7.03.  The fish is frozen haddock, but is mostly batter.  It is also very greasy.  I got my order in less than five minutes.  I doubt these are cooked to order!  Or the fryer isn't hot enough.  There was so much oil, it made me sick to my stomach.  The shrimp was the same as the fish-mostly batter and very oily.  The fries were frozen and lacked salt.

Service is ok. Nothing special or bad.

I wouldn't go back to  Johnny’s Shrimp Boat because the fish is just way too greasy.