Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Kiku Sushi-Chino Hills


Kiku Sushi
3090 Chino Ave
Chino Hills, CA 91709
909-591-1291

Kiku Sushi is located in Chino Hills, in the same shopping center as Buffalo Wild Wings, and the space that housed three now closed restaurants- Bad Bob's BBQVillaggio Pizzeria, and  Lobster Grill.  This is not affiliated with the KiKu Sushi in Monrovia that I reviewed back in 2007.

KiKu is a large restaurant with the sushi bar along the back wall and tables and booths throughout the restaurant.   It was busy on a Wednesday night.  They have an  all you can eat option for $25.95.  If you're going to buy two rolls, you basically paid for the all you can eat.

I know that at all you can eat sushi restaurants, the sushi isn't the best quality.  I'm not expecting that.  I know I'm getting quantity over quality.


Halibut, shrimp, yellowtail, tuna nigri sushi.  The halibut was limited to one order per person.  All the fish was good, fresh.  For all you can eat, a good sized portion.

Spicy tuna roll and California roll.  Both good, and comparable to other sushi restaurants I've been to and ordered off the menu.
Veggie roll- this had a variety of veggies.  A bit bland.


Tiger roll-California with shrimp and avocado outside.  This was a good roll!  Tasty and fresh!

Baked lobster roll- California roll with baked crawfish and crabmeat on top.  The crawfish didn't taste fresh and I took off most of it, and just ate the California roll.  Too much mayo in this roll.

Ultimate Shrimp Tempura roll- shrimp tempura, avocado roll wrapped in shrimp.  Loved this roll!  Fresh, and well put together!

Tempura calamari- the tempura was very good.  Well cooked, crunchy.  But the calamari was terrible!  Frozen, chewy, horrible calamari!  I wouldn't order this again.

Cucumber handroll- long cuts of fresh cucumber.  A good roll!

Service was good.  The sushi came out quickly.  I didn't lack for anything.

I would go back to KiKu if I was in the area again.  I do think food wise, Show Sushi in San Dimas is better.