Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Catch 56-Closed


Catch 56
5615 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
323-667-2777

LA Eater listed the 18 best places to get fish and chips in LA.  I tried to go to one place, Searestasalt Fish Grill, but they were closed the day I went; even though their website said they were open. So, Catch 56 is the first place I tried that was on the list.

A good sized restaurant with tables spread all over.  You order at the counter.  You choose your catch- cod, salmon, shrimp, calamari, and they recently added red snapper.  Then you picked how they cook it-fried, grilled, or Hawaiian style and you pick you side-chips, cajun chips, herb rice, or spring mix salad.



I picked the cod, $11.99, fried, with chips.  This was a huge portion of cod, I would bet at least half a pound.  A light batter that made the cod very crispy,  The cod was good, I'm betting the cod was frozen, but they cut the fish in portions and make their own batter.  This isn't a frozen, premade fish and chips.  A very good example of fish and chips!!

The chips are well seasoned, and cooked to perfection!!  The chips are cut into thick rectangles, much like chips in England.

Service was good.  Nice friendly service.

I would go back to Catch 56 any time!!