Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2018

Tamarind Restaurant & Catering


Tamarind Restaurant & Catering
4047 Grand Ave
Chino, CA 91710
909-364-9141

Next door to Pizzita Circle, a restaurant I reviewed back in 2015, is Tamarind Restaurant & Catering-an Indian and Pakistani restaurant.  They have a lunch $10.95, and dinner buffet $13.95 which includes a drink.

As you walk in the buffet is set up to the right.  They have a ton of chicken dishes, including Chicken Tikka Masala and Tandoori, I didn't touch any of them.  For vegetarians they have lentils, mixed vegetables in herbs and spices, a cauliflower and potato dish, and cold salad.  They do not have samosa on the buffet.



The lentils were the most bland lentils I've ever had. No flavor, not taste nothing.

The rice was fluffy and flavorful.

The mixed vegetables is just frozen veggies in herbs and spices.  It was ok, but nothing overwhelming.

Service is good.

A friend paid for lunch, since she owed me for flaking on lunch a couple weeks before.  I'm glad because if I had to pay for it, I would not be happy.