Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Mariscos Jalisco


Mariscos Jalisco
753 E Holt Ave
Pomona, CA 91767
909-634-6808

I'm not a food truck chaser!  I have only reviewed four food trucks while maintaining this blog.  If there are food trucks without a long line, I will order something, but I won't follow them on social media to chase them around town.  Mariscos Jalisco, recently went from food truck to brick and mortar store in Pomona!!  And of course, David Allen wrote a story about the Mexican seafood items sold here, and how they landed in Pomona.



Shrimp taco, $2.25.  This is a fried taco with tons of shrimp, tomatoes, cilantro, inside with salsa, avocado outside.  This was outstanding! I liked the coolness of the avocado with the crispy fried shell!  A steal at $2.25.  Full disclosure-while I was waiting for my order, the woman, who I believe is the manager and owner's daughter, gave me a free shrimp taco.  But, I did pay for the two shrimp tacos I ordered!  I would have given the same review if I didn't get a free taco.

Service was good.  She was very nice and helpful.  She talked up David's story and how the night before they sold out of everything before their regular closing time; 6pm.  They are closed on Wednesday.  But, this will quickly become a Pomona favorite!