Search This Blog

Monday, March 20, 2017

Boos Philly Cheesesteaks and Hoagies


Boos Philly Cheesesteaks and Hoagies
4501 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-661-1955

I've heard a lot about Boos Philly Cheesesteaks and Hoagies and decided to give them a try.  Located in East Hollywood, in a small hole in the wall restaurant.  There are about 5-6 tables instead and another 8-10 tables out front.

Since I only will eat fried chicken six times throughout the year, I knew I would have to get a grilled cheese or a veggie hoagie.

Veggie hoagie-$7.95.  Filled with your choice of cheese- American or Provolone, lettuce, mayo, tomatoes, and pickles.  The roll had a nice texture and chewiness.  The veggies were fresh and plentiful.  The cheese was fine.  This was a pretty good sandwich but nothing special. 

Service was good.  But, one thing most of their cheesesteaks are about $9.95.  I asked if they can make a grilled cheese.  They said yes, but they would have to charge the $9.95 price.  Since the beef is the most expensive part of a cheesesteak, why would they charge full price for a grilled cheese?

Boos is fine, but nothing special or outstanding.  I wouldn't rush back.