Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2016

The Coop Pizza


The Coop Pizza
10006 National Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
310-837-4462

LA Eater's 16 places to get a killer slice of pizza in Los Angele, has been a hit with me.  I have tried fivw places; Pie Life Pizza in Pasadena, Pizzanista, Pellicola, Joe's Pizza, and Prime Pizza.  The Coop has been in business since 1968.  They are directly across the street from the Palms Station of the Expo Line.  It's a small take out location.  It is also cash only. 


Medium mushrooms and jalapenos pizza, $11 plus $1.50 per topping, $14.72.  While a couple places on the crust was burnt, this was a good pizza.  The crust was firm, yet chewy and held up the toppings.  The jalapenos were fresh and plentiful.  The mushrooms were plentiful, but I'm pretty sure they came from a can.  Overall a very good pizza, but any pizza place that uses canned mushrooms is a big no-no for me.

Service is good.  The guy, who I believe is the owner is a nice and helpful.

I would go back to The Coop Pizza, but I wouldn't order mushrooms, or at least check to see if the mushrooms are indeed from a can.  Since many of the 16 places are closer to downtown, The Coop is a very good option for those who live in the snotty westside.