Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sakana Sushi & Grill

Sakana Sushi & Grill
6989 N Hayden Rd Ste A12
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
480-609-3850

I was in the mood for some sushi in Scottsdale, AZ, and a search lead me to Sakana.  I'm leery of sushi place in landlocked states.  I know that Arizona isn't that far from the West Coast and they can easily get fresh fish shipped in daily.

Sakana is a fairly small, but popular restaurant.  We went for an early dinner on Satuday and about 90% of the tables were filled.  By the time we left, all the tables were taken. 


Tuna sushi, $4.75.

Cucumber roll, $2.99.


Ahi Ahi roll, $12.99. Ahi tuna on the outside, spicy tuna, ceviche salsa, wasabi mayo.

All the sushi was very fresh, well made and tasty. 

Service is very good.  The sushi came out quickly, the servers were always refilling drinks and we didn't lack for anything.

I would go back to Sakana again.  Sakana would rank right up there with the best sushi restaurants I've been to in the LA area.