Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mixto Comida Latina

Mixto Comida Latina
2827 Hyperion Ave
Los Angeles
323-668-1818

Mixto Comida Latina is owned by the same owners of Tomato Pie Pizza Joint. Mixto is known for their healthy Mexican food options.  I've heard so many good things about Mixto but I haven't had a chance to try them.  So I was finally in the area and stopped in.

Mixto used to be Burrito King and has a covered dining area that seats about 16 people.  You order at the window and somebody will call your name when your order is ready. 

Grilled fish taco, $2.95.  Red snapper, avocado, napa cabbage, red onion, tomatoe and green tomatillo salsa.

I liked this grilled fish taco.  The red snapper was cooked perfectly and the toppings were fresh.  I liked the light refreshing green tomatillo salsa, which is a pleasant replacement for the white sauce that normally comes on a fish taco. The only thing I didn't like about this fish taco, was the tortilla wasn't that fresh.   There were part of the tortilla that was very tough and hard. 



Vegetarian burrito, $6.50; whole wheat tortilla, rice, black beans, pasilla chile, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and squash flower.

I really liked this vegetarian burrito.  The onions weren't carmelized and some of the beans weren't completely cook.  But otherwise everything in here was great and filling.  I loved the pasilla chile, which I thought were bell peppers but had more flavor and a different texture than bell peppers.  The rice was perfectly seasoned and wheat tortilla was fresh.

Service is good.  Nice friendly people.

 I would go back to Mixto anytime.  I really want to try the carne asada which is grass fed, the next time I go.