Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kaido-Closed

Kaido 2834 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica 310-828-7582 I know what am I doing on the snotty west side of LA? I hate the pretentious jerk people on the west side, who are so full of themselves. But, a friend suggested we have dinner at Kaido and I figured why not since it's rare that I have sushi on the snotty west side! Shrimp tempura roll-$8, spicy tuna roll-$7.50, and veggie roll-$6. While the shrimp tempura roll was the best of the three rolls, it was only average compared to other sushi places I've tried. The shrimp wasn't that crunchy, I'm betting it was frozen, and the other ingredients were only ok. The spicy tuna roll just tasted a bit off. Not spoiled but just off. It had the texture of tuna, but I didn't care for it. I've never had a veggie roll, and this roll was 10% veggies surrounded by 90% rice. It was ok but nothing outstanding about it. Service was good. I realize this is the west side and rent is pricey, but I didn't think Kaido was a good value. I wasn't impressed with Kaido and I wouldn't go back!