Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Flo’s No 2



Flo’s No 2
5650 Riverside Dr
Chino, CA 91710
909-628-0818

I found out about Flo’s No 2 when David Allen talked about the home made pies at Flo's Cafe near the Chino Airport.  Flo's has three locations, including two with a few miles of each other.

Since today is Pie Day, 3-14, I figured I would give Flo's Cafe a try.  I went to Flo's Cafe first and something just seemed off.  The young man who helped me was nice but I wanted a couple slices of pie and while there were some whole pies, he said he couldn't cut them.  He also said all slices were $3.50, when the David Allen's story said the pie of the month was $1.75.  Anyways I just passed and figured I was go to  Mariscos El Puerto. But, on my way there I passed by Flo's No 2 and I decided to give them a try.  And yes, get a slice of pie!

Flo's No 2 is a stand alone restaurant, with a counter to the right as you enter and tons of tables straight ahead.  A nice warm, cozy place.  The sign says this location opened in 1986!


Fish and chips, $7.45.  Fish was cod and they were frozen.  But the fish to batter ratio was about 70 to 30, which is pretty good.  Not overwhelming, but worth the price.

Blueberry crumb pie, regular price $3.50.  Pie of the month slice, $1.75!  This was a running, sloppy mess.  No sweetness in the crumb or the blueberries!  Not impressed!  I will have to try the apple or cherry pie.  But, I'll pass on the blueberries.

Service is good.  The lady who helped me was very nice and helpful.

I would go back to Flo's to have breakfast, many breakfast items look good.