Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Badminton Cross Court Cafe

Badminton Cross Court Cafe
San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club II
3410 Pomona Blvd
Pomona, CA 91768
909-839-1939

Yes, I'm trying another restaurant that David Allen reviewed!   On Yelp, it's listed as Badminton Cross Court Cafe, but David just lists it as Cross Court Cafe.  Either way, it's located in the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club, which is across the street from Jinza, which is still open and thriving, having taken over the space that used to be Fresh, a sandwich shop.

Stir fried noodles with shrimp- egg noodles, cabbage, tomatoes, green onion with fried egg.  $6 regular menu price.  $7.73 with shrimp.  There were about six medium sized shrimp.  Good flavor overall.  Maybe a bit underseasoned.  I didn't eat the fried egg, which I think is too over the top.  Portion size could be a bit bigger, but overall a good dish.  One that I enjoyed.

Service is good.  The couple who runs this cafe are very nice.  But limited English makes it tough to order.

This wouldn't be my first choice of places to go to, but I was impressed and would return.