Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

El Chato

El Chato
Corner of Olympic Blvd and La Brea Ave.

A friend invited me for a late night, 9pm, taco truck run.  El Chato is a taco that comes to the corner of Olympic Blvd. and La Brea Ave., and they have a good following.  The Great Taco Hunt blogger, gave raving reviews of them back in 2010.  Yes, it took me this long to finally give his blogger some props!  Sadly he stopped posting, a few years back.

I got there about 8:45 and there were already two people in line.  Within 5-10 minutes, there were 20 people in line.  The line moves fairly fast.

They have tacos, the carne asada seems to be the most popular meat.  But, I got a veggie burrito.


Veggie burrito-$6, grilled onions, jalapenos, rice, beans, onions with cilantro and salsa.  This was a decent sized burrito, with lots of beans and rice.  Not that many veggies.  Overall pretty good, nothing great or outstanding.  I think I would get the bean and cheese burrito next time.

Service was good.

I can't say anything about the meat at El Chato, but the veggie burrito was pretty good.