Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2017

Mr. Spicy


Mr. Spicy
6618 Mission Gorge Rd
San Diego, CA 92120
619-546-6686

I was in San Diego over the weekend and found Mr. Spicy.  It's a small restaurant in a small strip mall.  There was no customers in the restaurant on a Saturday during the peak lunch time!  That's usually a good sign the food isn't that good.  I decided to give them a try and see if that theory holds.



Shrimp chow mein, $7.99.  There weren't that many shrimp in the chow mein, maybe 6 small sized shrimp.  You can only see one small piece of shrimp in the picture.  The noodles were cook perfectly.  The veggies, broccoli and carrots were well cooked.  I really liked the fact the broccoli was cut into small bite sized pieces.  But, this wasn't seasoned very well.  Simply more salt or soy sauce would have made this dish very good.  It was just ok.  A good amount of food for the price too.

Service is good.  Interesting at the host stand there is a sign-This restaurant has only one waitress.  Her English is not very good. Thanks for your understanding.  Apparently that waitress was off because the lady who took my order was nice and while her English was fine.

If I'm back in San Diego, I would give Mr. Spicy another try and I would order something spicy.  Hopefully that dish is well seasoned!