Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Monaco’s Pizza


Monaco’s Pizza
7325 Day Creek Blvd Ste 101
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
909-463-7301

The owner of Monaco's Pizza also owns Red Devil Pizza in La Verne.  They bought Red Devil Pizza from the owner of Sal's Pizza & Bagelry, also in La Verne.  When Monaco bought Red Devil Pizza, they had a clause written into the contract, that Sal could not open another pizza restaurant within so many miles for ten years.  When the ten years was up Sal bought what was a bagel place and added pizza, thus becoming Sal's Pizza & Bagelry!

Located in a busy shopping center, Monaco's Pizza is a fairly large restaurant.  What I didn't know is that the picture I took of the outside of the building, is actually the entrance to the restaurant.  There is a side entrance for pick up. 

Medium mushroom and jalapeno, $18.78.  This pizza was good.  It was loaded with toppings, you get what you paid for!  The crust is firm enough to handle all the toppings, but has a nice chewy texture.  The cheese is piled high.  The mushrooms and jalapenos were fresh.  The sauce is kinda of bland, and they could have put a bit more on the pizza.  But, overall I really liked the pizza!  It's been such a long time since I went to Red Devil's Pizza, I don't remember if they pizza tastes the same.

Service was pretty good.  When I walked in there was nobody at the front and I waited a few minutes before somebody came.  They should have a sign saying that pick up orders are at the side.  Otherwise, no complaints about service.

I did like the pizza at Monaco's, but if I have to drive out to that area, my first choice would be Sal's Pizza in Alta Loma, but I would have no problems going to Monaco's.