Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2019

PowWow Pizza-Closed


PowWow Pizza
4085 Atlantic Ave Ste B
Long Beach, CA 90807
562-283-0152

After going to Pizza of Venice, after seeing it on LA Eater's list of the 22 Essential Pizza in LA, I decided to go to another pizza restaurant on the list- PowWow Pizza, in Long Beach.  PowWow makes 11 of the 22 place on that list, that I have gone to!

Apparently the own of PowWow is from Cambodia, and some of the pizza has Cambodian influences.  There is also a Korean, Indian, and a Filipino influenced pizzas on the menu.

PowWow is in corner unit, with a semi circular front counter-where you place your order.  There are regular and high top tables inside, and four tables outside.  They have a pizza oven that is blasting like crazy!  It's a few blocks north of the still open, and apparently thriving Bake and Broil!

One topping medium pizza-$10, with mushrooms.  This was a great pizza!  Plenty of gooey cheese, nice rich flavorful sauce, and a decent amount of mushrooms.  The crust with dense, chewy, and had good flavor.  It held up to all the toppings like a champ!

Service was good. I could see they were busy, not only with customers in the restaurant, but online and phone orders!  The pizza oven was firing the entire time I was there.  The two people working were going non stop filling the orders.  While the guy who took my order didn't give me a time when my pizza was going to be ready- he did apologize for the wait when he brought my pizza to my table.

I would go back to PowWow Pizza any time!