Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2019

Taco Adobe

Taco Adobe
121 N Lemon St
Orange, CA 92866
714-628-0633

Located just west of the Orange Circle is Taco Adobe.  It's a small space with table spread all over inside and tables outside.  I've review a few restaurants in/near the Orange Circle- Burger Parlor, Byblos Cafe, Watson Drug and Soda Fountain- which was renovated and has new owners since I reviewed it, Felix Cafe, and the now closed Beach Pit BBQ.



Blacken calamari taco- $3.75 and blacken shrimp taco- $4.50.  All tacos come with chipotle, blend of cheese, citrus cabbage, fresh cotija cheese, and special sauce.

I have never seen calamari in a taco, and I was excited to try it. The calamari was chewy and tough.  The toppings really do overwhelm the calamari.

The blacken shrimp was better, but again the toppings overwhelmed the shrimp.

Service is OK.

I won't go back to Taco Adobe.