Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Italiano's Pizza


Italiano’s Pizza
6500 N Figueroa St
Los Angeles
323-255-0016

When I reviewed Town Pizza a few weeks ago, I was reminded that I have not reviewed Italiano's Pizza.  Town Pizza took over the old Italiano's location on York Blvd. in Highland Park.  But, their location on Figueroa is still open. 

 Italiano's is basically built onto a house.  The kitchen is the back part of a house and the dining area is the patio, where there are about 8 tables!  The dining area needs a good cleaning!   Not an appealing place to walk into.

But, the kitchen area is clean.




Medium mushrooms and jalapenos, $12.53.  The crust is nice and firm, holding the topping very well.  It maybe a bit dry, but I like the firmness, nothing worse than your toppings falling off the pizza because the crust fell apart.  The sauce is a very mild sauce and there is plenty of it.  The cheese is also plentiful.  The jalapenos were plentiful, but the mushrooms were a bit lacking.  But, both were fresh.  They also have a 28in pizza that is just huge!  Once, I saw the delivery driver put four of the 28in pizza in his car! 

Service is good.  The lady taking my order was nice and helpful.

Despite the dirty dining area, I like Italiano's Pizza.  Is it the best pizza in Highland Park?  No.  But, it is a good value and will satisfy your pizza craving.