Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Gingergrass

Gingergrass
2396 Glendale Blvd
LA,CA
323-644-1600

I'm not a fan of Vietnamese food. The only Vietnamese restaurant I have reviewed is the Blue Hen, and that was about six years ago!!

I have passed by Gingergrass so many times, but never thought about eating there. So I'm in Silver Lake and trying to figure out where to eat. I threw out Tomato Pie Pizza Joint, but then our group saw Gingergrass and we decided to go there.

Gingergrass is a good sized restaurant with popular patio section. But, one of the things I noticed, there weren't any Vietnamese people working there! Interesting. But, I don't really care who is cooking my food, as long as it is good.

Wok tossed noodles, $11.95, egg noodles with chicken, bean sprouts, green onions, cabbage, and scrambled eggs. The noodles were thin and cooked perfectly. But, the chicken was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The veggies were fresh. I didn't notice many green onions, but the caramelized onions were great. They added a sweetness to the dish. The mixture of ingredients were good, but it didn't taste Vietnamese. It tastes more like Chinese noodles.

Service was good. Our server was nice and friendly. She brought us refills on water quickly and was very attentive.

I did enjoy the food at Gingergrass, but the noodle dish I ordered did not taste like Vietnamese food. I'm sure there are other items on their menu that do taste like Vietnamese food. But, I don't like the vibe at Gingergrass. This is a popular hipster spot, so you know I hate seeing douchebags with their douche clothes and attitudes!! So, I'm not coming back to Gingergrass anytime soon.