Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Corky’s Kitchen & Bakery


Corky’s Kitchen & Bakery
2051 Rancho Valley Dr
Pomona, CA 91766
909-620-9200

Corky’s Kitchen & Bakery is an area chain, that's open 24 hours a day.  Their breakfast and lunch menu is served all day, but the dinner menu goes from about 3pm to 10pm.

The Corky’s Kitchen & Bakery in Pomona is located in a fairly new shopping center, with almost every kind of food you want.  The center where Corky's has a Golden Corral, a  pizza place, a Dickey's BBQ, a couple fast food places.  Across the street is a Target, and yet more restaurants including Panda Express.

I actually went to Corky's twice.  One time for breakfast and the other time for dinner.

Mushroom and cheese omelette-$11.49  This is a huge portion, 5 eggs, a good amount of cheddar cheese and fresh mushrooms.  A good, solid dish.

The hash browns were cooked perfectly on one end-perfectly brown, but the other end could have used a few more minutes on the grill.  But, the hash browns were not seasoned at all.  What professional cook forgets to season their hashbrowns?

Service during breakfast was ok.  The server never smiled, wasn't the friendliest, but, I didn't lack for anything.


Shrimp and chips -$13.19.  Eight frozen butterflied shrimp, four pieces that stuck together, so one side wasn't browned.  But, I'm not expecting fresh shrimp from a diner.  The steak fries weren't seasoned, but cooked perfectly.

Service for dinner was ok.  I had two servers, one must have went on a break.  I realize I was eating at the counter, but I won't want to hear the servers complaining about their hours, or boss.  Do that away from me.

I think some people would find Corky's a bit pricey, but for the amount of food you get, I think it's worth it.  You won't leave hungry.  I would go back, but I still can't believe the cooks don't season the potatoes!!