Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips



Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips
3545 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
702-322-0529

I don't care enough about "celebrity chefs" to google them, so I had no idea that Gordon Ramsey owned so many restaurants throughout the world.  I thought he was the yelling host of Kitchen Nightmares.  I went to one restaurant, The Capri, that was featured on the show.   It wasn't good, but I don't blame Ramsey for that.  It's the owner of the restaurant, who are responsible for holding the standards Ramsey sets!  The recurring theme of Kitchen Nightmares is using fresh food, not frozen, pre-made food, well trained staff, and cleanliness of the restaurant.  So, when I heard that Ramsey opened a fish and chips restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip, I dropped in on a recent trip to Vegas.

Located in The Linq Promenade shopping area.  It has a very tacky exterior with a huge fish design, in the colors of the British flag, hanging from the front,.  I get we're in Vegas but the design is over the top.  It's basically a to-go place, with limited seating that is consists of tables and some counter spaces.

It was crowded the night I went, but the line moved quickly.



Fish and Chips combo, $16.21, with tartar sauce and mango curry sauce, with soda.  Fish was fresh cod. This was very good.  There wasn't much batter on the fish, most of the weight of the fish is from the fresh cod!  The fish was fried perfectly, light outside, flaky goodness inside.  You can really tell the difference between fresh fish and frozen!  The fries were on the warm side, but very good. Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside.

My only complaint is that they force you to buy a soda!  The soda is listed at $3.99 on the menu. I only drink water, and that's free!  This could be $3.99 cheaper, but I guess you're paying for the name and being on The Strip!

Service was very good.  Not only are the workers friendly, but fast and know their jobs.  When I asked the cashier what fish they used, he said cod.  Most people at restaurants do not know the menu and that's a reflection of management poorly training the workers.  That's not the case here.  They are properly trained and are friendly, non robotic people!

I would come back if I'm in Vegas again!