Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2016

Hook Burger



Hook Burger
3453 E Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
626-351-0011

I've passed by Hook Burger a ton of times, but I never stopped in.  But, then I found out they had a veggie burger, and decided to give them a try.  Located near the Sierra Madre Gold Line Station, and next to a Pizza Rev, it is a medium sized restaurant.  You order and pick up your food at the counter.

Grilled black bean veggie patty, melted jack, avocado, tomato, green leaf, hot house cucumber and red onion, chipotle mayo, fresh baked whole wheat bun. $6.95.  This was a damn good burger!  Fresh toppings and the black bean patty was moist and flavorful!  Sometimes veggie patties crumble after one bite, but this one held firm!  A damn good example of a veggie patty, and a very good price too!


Fries- $2.50.  Lightly salted, with skin still on, these fries were plentiful and worth the price!  Crispy on the outside, light and fluffy inside. 

Service was good, but it took longer than I expected for my order to come up.  Now I didn't have a timer set, but it must have been at least 7 minutes and even then, my fries weren't ready.  A minute later my fries came.  It wasn't that busy.  Not sure why the long wait. 

I liked my first time eating at Hook Burger.  I would go back anytime, even if it is a chain!