Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

AJ Barile’s Chicago Pizza Co


AJ Barile’s Chicago Pizza Co
32693 Yucaipa Blvd
Yucaipa, CA 92399
909-790-0707


AJ Barile’s has been on my bucket list for a very long time, ever since I heard they won awards for best pizza!  The first thing to know about AJ Barile’s is that they are not a deep dish Chicago pizza.  Believe it or not there are pizza places in Chicago that do not make deep dish pizza.  In fact there are many good places in Chicago that serve thin crust pizza. 

AJ Barile’s is located on a corner of a long street that is surrounded by houses, but very few businesses.  It's a very large restaurant with plenty of seating and well lit.  When I got there the degenerate steelers fans were crying in their beer after losing in the playoffs!! 



Medium jalapeno and mushrooms pizza, $15.32.

This pizza was good, but not great.  If I were a judge at a pizza contest, I would not vote this in my Top 5, unless the other four were Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Round Table!  The crust was dusted with a very salty garlic power.  The crust was firm and chewy.  It wasn't like the huge New York thin crust, but just a regular thin crust.  The toppings were fresh and pretty plentiful.  There could have been a little more cheese.  The sauce was mild, not tangy or sweet, and pretty good. 

Service is good!  Very nice and friendly!

When I realized I was going to pass by AJ Barile’s, I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to finally give them a try! While I'm glad I did finally get a chance to try it, I'm glad I didn't make a special trip.; it's a good pizza, but not so great to make a special trip!