Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Fish King

Fish King
722 N Glendale Ave
Glendale, CA 91206
818-244-2161

A friend told me about Fish King in Glendale. She liked the grilled fish she got.  So, I decided to give them a try!  Fish King has three sections to the store/restaurant.  You walk into the fish market- you can get fresh seafood- to the left is their sushi department.  They make fresh sushi and rolls.  To the right is the galley- where you can get fried or grilled seafood.

There are tables at the sushi and galley.  It's a casual setup, with the food served in paper boats, and paper plates.


Calm chowder bowl- $5.95- Very thin and runny.  A decent amount of clams and potatoes.  There is no bacon in this clam chowder.  They could thicken the chowder and add a bit more seasoning.  A small portion for a bowl!

Crunch Jumbo shrimp- $3.25.  The thick batter is the same as the fish and crab cakes.  This was about 75% shrimp and 25% batter. Along with the other fried items I ordered, they weren't fried to order.  They were cooked and sitting under heat lamps. 


Crunch fried fish-$3.95- The fish used is cod.  But, this also lacked seasoning and the batter was too thick for the amount of cod.  I'm guessing 65% fish and 35% batter. 



Half order crab cakes- $5.50- I've never had deep fried,  I was expecting all batter, but there was a good amount of crab mixture.  This wasn't all crab, but a good amount of crab, not jumbo lump but claw meat.

Service was very unfriendly!  The lady who took my order never smiled and had a mean look on her face the entire time.  Not very welcoming.  I was shocked when she politely answered my questions. The food arrived in a good amount of time.

I may go back to King Fish to try their grilled fish and sushi. I wasn't impressed with any of their fried seafood items.