Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

Ahi Poki

Ahi Poki
1377 E. Gladstone
Glendora CA 91740
909-305-6002

Ahi Poki is a chain, with store in Calfornia and Arizona.  It's the usual poke bowls, were you choose the proteins and toppings you want.  They have a fully cooked chicken option for those who do not eat or like seafood.

This Ahi Poki was located at the western end of a huge shopping center in Glendora.   If you entered off a Lone Hill, you would go through traffic for people going to the many other stores include a big box store and a Home Depot.  You're better off going on Gladstone to get here.  I think this entire shopping center is filled with chain restaurants!

Regular bowl- $10.95- two proteins- kimchi shrimp, ahi tuna- in a sweet citrus and creamy citrus sauce, with brown rice as the base.  Topped with corn, mangos, green onions, crab salad, and cucumbers.

Everything here is fresh.  I liked the kimchi shrimp option- good flavor and much better than plain shrimp.   I think the portion size is a bit small, and the proteins are strictly measured.  They'll give you more toppings but I want bigger portions of protein.

Service is good.  The lady who helped me was very nice.  She first started to put in a creamy citrus sauce, and then realized I wanted a sweet citrus sauce.  I told her, it's fine, just mix them together.  I wouldn't be so agreeable if she was rude.

I like the freshness of poke, but most poke places have small portion sizes for what you're paying.  Sure the bowl looks big, because you're getting a lot of rice or whatever base you want, and toppings which are relatively inexpensive.