Search This Blog

Monday, August 14, 2017

Barone’s The Pizzeria Express



Barone’s The Pizzeria Express
22435 Ventura Blvd Ste D
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
818-703-1700

I am working my way through the 2016 16 best places to get a slice pizza according to Eater.  The link goes to the 2017 17 best places to get a slice of pizza.  They took out Slicetruck from 2016, added Delicious Pizza and NY & C Pizza-which maybe closed now!  Gjelina Take Away is the last pizza I need to try from the 2016 list.  Debating if I should go to Delicious.

While I order a whole freshly baked pie, it should be good right? I haven't been to six places from that list before, so I went and loved all of them;  Pie Life Pizza in Pasadena, Pizzanista, Pellicola-which is now closed, Joe's Pizza, The Coop, and Prime Pizza. The other places on the list I've been to before I saw the list are; Abbott's Pizza Company, Lamonica's New York Pizza, D'Amore's Pizza, Vito's, Village Pizzeria, Town Pizza, Tomato Pie, and Mulberry Street Pizza.

I reviewed Barone's Famous Italian Restaurant back in 2011 and thought it was the same.  But apparently that Barone's is the original and eventually they owners split up and opened Barone’s The Pizzeria Express, which also delivers.

Located on Ventura Blvd. Barone’s The Pizzeria Express is a small restaurant with a few tables inside and a nice covered, if dirty patio.  The seats and tables had leaves from the covering.  They need to do a better job of keeping the patio area clean.



Medium mushrooms and jalapenos, $18.56 with tax.  This pizza was flat out terrible!  What a waste of money!  The crust was cracker thin and bad.  The pizza was a bit too well done.  The sauce was just bland.  The toppings weren't that plenitful, not many mushrooms on there.

Service was good.

I would never go back to Barone’s The Pizzeria Express, the pizza is terrible and not even worth the price!!  This is the first place on the list by Eater that I feel should not be on the list!!