Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Brew & Meatball Co


The Brew & Meatball Co
325 N Citrus Ave
Covina, CA 91723
626-938-7090

The Brew & Meatball Co. is a fairly new gastropub in Covina.  Everything I read they offer some very good food, some that you wouldn't expect from a bar.  They are known for their meatballs.  You choose what kind of meatballs you want-beef, pork, beef and pork, veggie, or turkey.  Then you choose what kind of "bed' spaghetti, veggies, mashed potatoes, and then the kind of sauce you want.

It's a good sized bar with plenty of seating inside and a nice shaded seating outside.  It wasn't that busy for lunch when we went.  But, there was a steady flow of people, including my take out orders.

Tater tots, $5.95.  I almost always order tater tots if I see them on the menu.  Today was no exception.  They were great because they just came out of the fryer!  They weren't greasy at all, well seasoned.  Of course they are frozen, premade tater tots, but they were great!


Veggie meatballs, on steamed veggies, and marinara sauce, $8.95, lunch price price.  Regular price is $10.59.

The marinara sauce was very good.  Rich, hearty, full of flavor.  The veggies included broccoli and carrots, which I ate.  They also included zucchini and squash, which I hate and never eat!

Now the veggie meatball.  Another veggie I hate is beets!!  I just hate them.  But once I cut into the veggie meatball it was clear this was made with beets.  They were ok, but since I hate beets, it isn't my favorite.  I wouldn't order this again.  My friend had the beef meatballs and he really liked them.

Service was very good.

If you like beets, you'll love the veggie meatballs.  If you eat meat, you'll love the meatballs. I just don't happen to like beets and I don't eat meat, so their veggie meatballs weren't my cup of tea.  But, I think The Brew & Meatball Co. do a very good job and I would go back just for the tater tots!!