Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Teddy’s Tacos-Moved



Teddy’s Tacos
15485 E Valley Blvd
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
626-392-3988


I read this story about Teddy's Tacos being saved from demolition for a stupid chain Mexican fast casual restaurant.  So I decided to go to Teddy's and support the mom and pop business!  The story says Teddy's is in City of Industry, but their Facebook page says they are in La Puente. Kim Tar, which is a restaurant I reviewed back in 2009, is about 50 yards west, and they are in La Puente.

Teddy's is a small restaurant.  The building is basically 90% kitchen and 10% counter.  There are some tables in the front.



Shrimp Taco, $3.25.  Grilled shrimp, lettuce, and crema.  This was a great shrimp taco.  One of the best I've ever had!!  Corn tortilla, filled with well cooked and seasoned grilled shrimp. The creama was the highlight.  Light, creamy, refreshing adding a touch of coolness to the taco.  I wanted to order their fish taco, but they use marlin and I've never had marlin.

Service is good.  The young lady helping me, was very nice and friendly.

I would go back to Teddy's Tacos any time.  I hope they find a new location!  It was be a shame to lose such a great place for a shrimp taco!!