Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Adana Restaurant


Adana Restaurant
6918 San Fernando Rd
Glendale, CA 91201
818-843-6237

As most people know LA Times food critic, Jonathan Gold, passed away on Saturday July 23, 2018.  I have been to a few restaurants in Gold's 2017 101 Best Restaurants in LA; Mariscos Jalisco, which started as a food truck and then opened a restaurant in Pomona, Langers, Howlin' Rays, Kogi, Parks BBQ, Jitlada, and Night + Market Song.  As a tribute to Jonathan Gold I picked a restaurant that I've never been to.  That's how I ended up at Adana. 

A few blocks north of Continental Gourmet Sausage is Adana.  This is an industrial area of Glendale and while the outside doesn't look like much, the inside is very elaborate!!  Nice crown molding, a couple murals, and nice warm colors.  The tables and chairs scream banquet facility.

When it comes to kebobs in Glendale, my two go to places are Raffi's and Shiraz.  Let's see how Adana compares.

Salmon kebob, $24, with Persian salad and hummus.  The salmon, which looked overcooked, was pretty good.  A decent sized piece of farm raised salmon that was moist and flavorful.  The rice was bland.  The portion, both the salmon and rice, weren't as large as Raffi's and Shiraz!  I liked the hummus, very smooth.  The persian salad was fresh with persian cucumbers, tomatoes, and lemon juice and olive oil dressing.

Service was ok.  There was only one person working, and he had about five tables total.  There were plenty of times I didn't seem him in the dining room.  He never asked how everything was.  But, then again he was busy.


After going to Adana, Raffi's and Shiraz are still my go to places.  Nothing bad about Adana, but I think both Raffi's and Shiraz are better!