Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Joe’s Pizza



Joe’s Pizza
613 S Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90014
213-988-8848

So LA Eater's 16 places to get a killer slice of pizza in Los Angele, has been a hit with me.  I have tried three places; Pie Life Pizza in Pasadena, Pizzanista, and Pellicola and I loved all three places. Joe's Pizza was next up on my list.  When I saw Joe's Pizza on the list, I thought I had tried and really liked the Santa Monica location.  But, that location has nothing to do with this Joe's Pizza-which also has locations in West Hollywood, Hollywood, and Sherman Oaks.

Located in a very busy and gentrified part of downtown LA, Joe's Pizza is a small restaurant that caters to the late night crowd.  There are a few tables and a counter for people to eat in.  There are 10-12 pizzas sold by the slice, but I wanted a freshly baked pizza.


18in mushroom and jalapeno pizza, $23.98.  $18 for cheese pizza plus $2 per topping.  But, on their printed menu the prices for toppings are listed as $3 for the first topping and $2 for each additional.  First time I've ever heard of that.

This was a great pizza!  The crust was firm, with great texture!  The cheese was gooey and plenitful.  While there could be a few more mushrooms and jalapenos, there were fresh.  The jalapenos were huge too.  The sauce was mild but added a nice flavor to the pizza.  I really liked this pizza.

Service is good.  The people are nice and helpful.

I would go back to Joe's Pizza again!!  LA Eater is now 4 for 4!  All four places I've tried from their list have been great!