Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Lobsta Shack-Closed



Lobsta Shack
701 W Cesar E Chavez Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012
323-999-1797

Lobsta Shack is the brick and mortar version of the very popular Lobsta Truck.  Now, I've never chased the Lobsta Truck, but overwhelmingly they got great reviews.  So I was looking for to trying Lobsta Shack.  I wanted to compare it to Knuckle & Claw, a very good place to get a lobster roll!

Located next to the old WalMart Grocery store, that closed down after a few years, Lobsta Shack is a huge restaurant.  But, it was empty the day I went.


Fish and chips, $11.  The fish is cod.  The batter wasn't good- kind of soggy and not fresh.  Either the oil they used was old and dirty or the fish was in the fryer for too long because the color of the batter is awful.  The fries, while plentiful, was from the freezer.  Not impressed.

Lobster roll-$20.  Knuckle & Claw says their lobsters are shipped directly from Maine.  I doubt the lobster used at Lobsta Shack is from Maine.  The lobster roll is a good size and there is a good amount of lobster.  They offer with butter or spicy mayo,  I got the butter.  Stick with the original.  But, the lobster was only average.  Something was missing.  Yes, the price is cheaper at for the lobster roll at Lobsta Shack, but the value or quality isn't there!  Go to Knuckle and Claw for the lobster roll.

Service was good.

I was disappointed in Lobsta Shack.  I won't go back.  I'll pay a little more and get a better quality lobster roll!