Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Superior Wok

Superior Wok
165 S Hacienda Blvd
City of Industry, CA 91745
626-435-3097

I was going to Kim Tar, but then I noticed that the Teddy's Tacos building has been torn down.  As I walked over I noticed Superior Wok, which is near Superior Grocery store.  So, I decided to give them a try. The interesting thing is that Kim Tar and Superior Wok both have City of Industry addresses, but Teddy's Tacos has a Hacienda Heights address-all three are within a 25 yard radius of each other!

Anyways, Superior Wok is your regular steam table Chinese restaurant.  They have more seafood choices than other steam table Chinese restaurants.  The steam table is in the back, with tables in the front part of the restaurant.  

One item combo ($5.39) with chow mein and fried rice with shrimp and vegetables ($1.75 up charge) The chow mein was good, with cabbage and soy sauce.  The fried rice was clumpy, they need to use day old fried rice. 

The veggies were good, with a nice crunch and good sauce.  The shrimp, you get six medium sized shrimp, was ok.  Not as fresh, and they were mushy. 

Service is good.

I wouldn't go back to Superior Wok.  If I'm going to pay an upcharge, the seafood better be damn good.  This came up short.