Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hail Mary Pizza

Hail Mary Pizza
3219 Glendale Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039
323-284-8879

After going to PoeWow Pizza , after seeing it on LA Eater's list of the 22 Essential Pizza in LA, I decided to go to another pizza restaurant on the list- Hail Mary Pizza, this is number 12 on the list.  Pizza of Venice, Triple Beam, Grimaldi's, Prime Pizza, DeSano Pizza Bakery, Settebello Pizzeria, Vito's, Pizzeria MozzaCasa Bianca, and my favorite pizza in LA- Village Pizzeria!  Only ten more places to go!!


Margherita pizza $12- This was a 13in pizza. If some of this pizza wasn't burnt, this would have been a very good pizza.  But, the burnt pieces and a little too much olive oil ruined it for me.  Fresh ingredients, good crust- the parts that weren't brunt.  But, if you're going to be on the 22 Essential list, you can't make this mistake.  I would much rather go to Elios Wood Fire Pizza!

Service is good.

Like I said, if they didn't burn some of the crust, this was be a good pizza.  But, they got only one chance, and I won't return.

Update August 31, 2019

Ok, I know I said I won't return.  But, Hail Mary has $2 slices of their square pizza from open to 2:30pm.  So, I got two slices, and since I was in the area, I gave them a try.  No, no, and NO!

Again, that same burnt crust, and a weird tangy taste that just ruined this pizza.  You can get a better and bigger slice of pizza at Costco!!

I will not be going back to Hail Mary Pizza again!