Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

DeSano Pizza Bakery


DeSano Pizza Bakery
4959 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323-913-7000

DeSano Pizza Bakery has been on my bucket list of places to try for a long time.  I was going to go to Village Pizzeria, but on the way there I drove past DeSano!  A quick U turn and I parked in DeSano's huge free parking lot.  Desano's is a Neapolitan style pizza like Bollini's in Monterey Park.

From the parking lot there are two doors, one to the dining room and the other to where you place your order.  The dining room has huge ovens where the pizza magic happens!


Charleston Pizza- 11 inch, shrimp, broccolini, peppers, and buffalo mozzerella, $16.  The Charleston is a special, normally it's only available at their Charleston, South Carolina location.  But, I'm glad they brought it to Los Angeles!  This was a great pizza!  The crust is great, soft, but with a great chewy texture!  The toppings plentiful and fresh.  All the flavors worked very well.  The sweetness of the sauce helped the bitterness of the broccolini.  A great pizza! 

Service was very good.  Nice helpful lady at the counter.  And the lady who brought the pizza to my table, was very nice too.  She quickly changed the channel to the baseball, instead of some stupid racing.  The other TV had that stupid kickball game at the Rose Bowl, that caused a ton of traffic on the 210 freeway!!

I hope DeSano keeps the Charleston Pizza on their Los Angeles menu, but I will go back and try their other pizza!!  A great place for Neapolitan style pizza.  Yes, while I haven't been to Bollini's in a long time, DeSano is better!!