Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

The Burger House-Closed



The Burger House
171 W 2nd St
Pomona, CA 91766
909-623-7620

As I mentioned in my review of The Rookery Alehouse and Grill, there are now three burger restaurants along 2nd Street in Pomona.  I decided to try The Burger House and see how it compares.

Located in a beautiful old building, there are about four tables outside and maybe 15 tables inside.  It was very with maybe six tables being used the entire time I was there. 




The Veggie Patch- veggie burger with lettuce, red onions, tomato, and avocado aioli, $10, plus $1 extra for tater tots. This was a very dry veggie burger. The patty itself was luke warm, kind of tough and not a good example of a veggie patty. The lettuce, tomato, and onions were fresh. The bun nicely toasted. But, there was barely any avocado aioli, and it made for a very dry burger.  The tater tots were well cooked and plentiful to make the $1 extra worth it.

Service was fine until the end.  While there was only one server working the entire restaurant, I didn't lack for anything!  My drink was filled without asking and she took my order promptly.  But, when it came time to pay the bill, I paid with a credit card.  They had a tablet and it seemed like only one tablet.  They didn't give the option to print the receipt, you either had to get the receipt by email or text.  When I tried to enter an email address, you couldn't see any typing on that tablet.  I asked the server for help and after proving she had no clue about how to use that program, she said "I need that tablet." Well I don't give a damn if you need it.  I need the damn receipt you stupid idiot!

Sorry, but with so many other dining options, poor service shouldn't be tolerated! The Burger House had mediocre food and terrible service.  Never again!