Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken



Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken
1262 Crenshaw Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90019
323-402-0232

Just north on Crenshaw from the best place in LA for BBQ ribs, Phillip's BBQ,  is Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken. I have heard more about Howlin' Ray's, so I wanted to see which one was better. 

Located at the corner of Crenshaw and Pico, Gus’s has a large dining area, but tough parking.  Parking was easy to find the day I went because it was Easter.  Otherwise plan to walk and pay for parking.



2 breast pieces, $4.80 each.  Both pieces were nice and juicy!  Gus’s has a more subtle heat, that slowly hits your senses!  The skin is very crispy and flavorful.  This is outstanding chicken and better than Howlin' Ray's!

Service was great!  I called ahead to make sure they were open on Easter.  Most places have attitude when you ask if they are open.  But, not Gus’s.  They were friendly and very welcoming!  I went to the bar area to place my take out order and lady who helped me was also friendly and welcoming.

I will be back to Gus’s, very soon!  A much better flavorful fried chicken than Howlin' Ray's!